Woodchucks, also known as groundhogs or whistle pigs, are a member of the squirrel family. They are primarily a nuisance to outdoor areas, and shouldn't usually be found indoors. Woodchucks whistle shrilly as they scurry back to the safety of their dens when startled, giving them the nickname whistle-pigs. If you are experiencing a groundhog problem on your property, don't panic. Call Critter Control of New Hampshire today to help you solve your woodchuck problems today! 603.424.7452 or HERE.
Get Rid of Groundhogs
- Critter Control of New Hampshire has experience in controlling woodchuck problems safely and quickly.
- Our technicians will implement prevention techniques to keep groundhogs away from gardens and lawns.
- The professional installation of fencing can be one method of keeping woodchucks from digging for years to come!
Common Woodchuck Problems
- They are most commonly known to damage in residents yards, under sheds, and in fields and gardens.
- Woodchucks are most attracted to areas with food sources including grasses and vegetables, as well as denning availability.
- Woodchucks do not generally attack and cause harm to humans directly.
- Their holes may create a risk of injury for those walking through their denning area.
- Woodchuck damage is limited to properties like farms, orchards, gardens, and lawns.
- These rodents are responsible for significant damage to crops, such as soybeans, peas, carrots, lettuce, alfalfa, apples, and flowers.
Full-Service Groundhog Trapping & Removal
Since groundhog burrows have multiple entrances and exits, traps should only be set by trained professionals. Although woodchucks do not actively attack humans, they may scratch or bite when cornered or threatened, and residents should never attempt to handle the animals. Critter Control wildlife experts are trained to safely deal with nuisance groundhogs and fully equipped to handle trapping, removal, and control operations within the confines of the law.
We can help you get rid of woodchuck problems! Call your local Critter Control of New Hampshire office today!
Nashua/Manchester: 603.424.7452 | Salem: 603.898.7452 | Portsmouth/Kittery: 603.431.7452Request a Quote