New Hampshire only has very few venomous snakes (one is the timber rattlesnake). The other nonvenomous snakes are still not a creature you want on your property, but we do not recommend DIY snake trapping or snake removal. Many snakes are protected by law, and our technicians know which snakes are legally protected and how to safely proceed with snake trapping and relocation.
Snakes do not have internal temperature regulation, so they depend on external sources like the sun, so you may see them in warm places like rocks, woodpiles, or in garages or basements to keep cool. If you see a snake on your property, call Critter Control of New Hampshire at (603) 836-4768 and we will create a snake prevention and removal plan. You can also leave us more information here.
Get Rid of Snakes
Options like snake repellent, snake traps, and habitat modification can all be effective in removing snakes from your property. Some more things that can be done to aid in snake prevention include:
- Sealing exterior holes that snakes can get in through (as small as 1/4 inch)
- Cutting back grasses and weeds and keeping woodpiles far enough away from homes to discourage hiding places.
Common Snake Problems
- Most New Hampshire snakes are nonvenomous and will, in fact, flee from humans.
- When they are threatened, snakes may hiss, coil, and strike in defense.
- Nonvenomous snake bites are painful but do not leave any lasting effects.
- When food and shelter are scarce in their natural environment, snakes are much more likely to make their way into your New Hampshire area home or yard.
- They can get inside houses through cracks in building foundations, rips in window or door screens, and even through holes that serve electrical conduits and plumbing.
Full-Service Snake Removal
Even nonvenomous snakes have the capability of harming pets and humans. Snake trapping attempts are best left to Critter Control wildlife specialists can safely and humanely remove problematic snakes from properties. Our professionals are trained, equipped, and ready to get rid of snakes. We can help you keep snakes away! (603) 836-4768Request a Quote