New Hampshire Skunks
Skunks can be a unique challenge because of their unpleasant and strong defense mechanism. Skunks are known for causing headaches to homeowners when they dig up landscapes and damage crops. The most common complaint is certainly the smell, though. If your home is the unfortunate victim of a skunk spray, we can help! Call our office at 603.424.7452 or contact us HERE.
Keeping Skunks Out
Habitat modification is the most effective method in keeping skunks out.
- Sealing openings with mesh wire
- Limiting food and water availability
- Keeping trash cans and dumpsters secured
- Minimizing rodent populations (one of their favorite food sources!)
- Blocking entry to pet and livestock feeds
- Keeping landscapes free of debris such as overgrown shrubs and firewood piles
Commonly Seen Skunk Problems
- Skunks are most commonly seen under decks and porches where their favored food sources are.
- Skunk spray can potentially be responsible for blindness. Their spray can hit people up to 10 feet away.
- One of the most common carriers of rabies is skunks. They can also carry other dangerous parasites and fleas, so handling them is not advised.
Skunk Trapping & Skunk Removal
Critter Control never recommends approaching a skunk, especially as an untrained homeowner. Even if you scare the skunk accidentally, in the skunk's mind, you are a threat and should be sprayed. Be careful. Skunk bites can require medical care. Residents are advised to contact Critter Control's New Hampshire for help with any skunk problems. Our skunk technicians are professionals with years of experience with skunk behavior and habits.
We can help you get rid of skunk problems! Call your local Critter Control of New Hampshire office today.
Nashua/Manchester | 603-424-7452 Salem | 603-898-7452 Portsmouth/Kittery | 603-431-7452Request a Quote