However cute they may be, flying squirrels are still wild animals that can cause issues in and around your home. Did you know "flying" squirrels can't truly fly? You might only see your unwanted guests' damage and not the squirrels themselves, as they're nocturnal. If you think you'd like help identifying a flying squirrel or to schedule an inspection, call our office at (603) 836-4768 or contact us HERE.
Flying Squirrel Removal
New Hampshire property owners can make certain modifications to homes and yards to ensure their property is less favorable to flying squirrels.
- Close up all possible entry points to homes by
- Covering small openings
- Sealing cracks
- Replacing broken window and door screens
- Adding screens to vents and chimneys
- Remove possible sources of food by fitting indoor and outdoor trash bins with tightly sealed lids.
- Finally, restrict flying squirrel access to roofs by trimming tree branches that hang over or close to rooftops.
Common Problems of Flying Squirrels
- Flying squirrels have a tendency to nibble, just like all squirrels
- Their urine and feces are repulsive and carry large potential to infect humans
- Because they're nocturnal, they can cause a lot of disruptive ruckus at night
Full-Service Flying Squirrel Removal
Though humans and flying squirrels are typically able to coexist peacefully, females are pretty territorial and fiercely protective of their babies, so if they feel either of these are being threatened, they will lash out (which sometimes ends in injury). Individuals should never attempt to approach the wild animals as interaction may result in harm to them, and/or the animal. Contact the technicians at Critter Control of New Hampshire for humane and safe removal of flying squirrels from private property. We can help you get rid of flying squirrel problems! Call the Critter Control of New Hampshire office today! (603) 836-4768Request a Quote